Proud Platinum Sponsors of the "GREATER VANCOUVER CHARITY CLASSIC"
$29,000 raised for the BC CHILDRENS HOSPITAL FOUNDATION (2006)
$110,000 raised for the SURREY MEMORIAL HOSPITAL FOUNDATION (2007)
$70,000 raised for the SURREY MEMORIAL HOSPITAL FOUNDATION (2008)
- Located in the extreme southwest corner of the Lower Mainland
- 55 minutes from downtown Vancouver
- 5 minutes from Washington State, USA
- 3 miles of accessible beach front on beautiful Semiahmoo Bay
White Rock….. 19,952
South Surrey… 104,051
White Rock….. 5 Square Miles (8 Sq. Km.)
South Surrey… 43 Square Miles (110 Sq. Km.)
Length of Oceanside Promenade
All major financial institutions are represented in the White Rock/South Surrey area.
- 16 Elementary Schools
- 3 High Schools
- 5 Private Schools
- Special Needs Classes
- The Peace Arch News (Local Bi-Weekly)
- The Now (Local Bi-Weekly)
- The Vancouver Sun & The Province (Provincial Dailies)
|Average summer temperature||72 degrees F. (22C)|
|Average winter temperature||42 degrees F. (5C)|
|Average annual rainfall||41" (1050 mm)|
|(Lowest in the Lower Mainland)|
There are several types of accommodations available:
- Bed & Breakfasts
- Campgrounds & RV Parks
There are approximately 20 denominations represented in the White Rock/South Surrey area.
- Peace Arch Hospital - Emergency, Diagnostic & Outpatient Services (Approx. 177 acute care beds, 225 extended care beds + 1200 member Health Care Team)
- Comprehensive elder care program
- Walk-in Medical Clinics
- Family dental and medical practices
- White Rock
- South Surrey
(Both Libraries have a children's department and a broad reference section.)
Recreation & Facilities
White Rock & South Surrey offers a wide range of indoor and outdoor activities through public and private facilities, clubs, and retail sport centres. (ie. South Surrey Swimming Pool, Centennial Arena, South Surrey Arena, Softball City…)
Senior Citizen Facilities
There are many activities and community services available for senior citizens. (ie. Senior Citizens Activity Centre, Seniors Drop-In Centre…)
White Rock & South Surrey has an excellent bus service for local travel and to neighbouring areas and Vancouver. There are also taxi services and an airport service. Car and truck rentals are also available.
White Rock is a city governed by an elected Mayor and six Councillors. South Surrey is part of Surrey City, and has an elected Mayor and eight Councillors.
There are several small shopping centres in White Rock and South Surrey, as well as many unique shops and boutiques along Marine Drive and in Crescent Beach.